Saturday, January 15, 2011

insult and derogatory comments

Many thanks for all the inquiries as to whether the flood affected me, they are appreciated.
As I live near the top of a hill and my house is up on stumps I have been fortunate to avoid any water problems. Apart from water running freely under the house and soggy grass underfoot.

Sadly many others in Queensland have lost everything, even the real Nurse Nasty was flooded out.

It will take a long time for those unfortunate enough to have been affected to get back on their feet. There are some collections for the flood victims and many have been generous, but I fear that the need will far outweigh the available funds.

I was helping a business yesterday that was flooded out, the water came up to shoulder height and the poor guy was devastated. Many have volunteered their time and it is heartening to see the community gather round to assist those in need.

Thanks again for your concerns and kind thoughts. AL.

Unfortunately in such a crisis the best AND the worst comes out in people.

Brock you remind me of those low lifes who are looting in Queensland.

Anything for their own benefit eh?

Brock, I am sure those who were unfortunate enough to lose everything, even the lives of their loved ones in this disaster will appreciate your attitude. I certainly do not.

I do a serious post and you use it to to make smartarse comments. SAD.

Exactly. Check his reply to my post.

Why the insult and derogatory comments to a sincere and serious post about the tragedy that many have suffered through.
His reply was totally uncalled for and inappropriate. As a senior poster I would have expected more from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment