Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I live in Springfield Lakes these days

CAN'T it be in the morning I have a nanna nap at that time.

Is it possible to have an evening get together, this means that some of us that have to work may/will be available for the meeting. Gibay apparently makes a damn good coffee ;P

Free wireless availability you may be right but To say that only Orion and maccas can get ADSL is incorrect. If you read the other forum about Sprinfield lakes Lack of Ports you will see that there may be approx. 200 People who access DSL. I am not arguing the fact its horrendous the fact is DSL is available.
In total there were 5 of us at Maccas last night, lots of information about teh backhaul and some information pertaining to how/when this will get up and running.
I suggested some ways to distribute the information to residents of Springfield Lakes so most of the residents could be informed about the wireless mesh, I am sure Sparki or Cameron can when they get time write a reply to this.
I think the next month will provide a service to our community that has been sadly lacking.

Hi Dan any news on the next meeting?

You can supply the Coffee

i Am pretty sure that Brookwater has had access to fiber for quite a number of years.
If you read some of the previous threads you will see that some of the old Springfield suburb being cabled in the mid to late 90's and yes we were told that it was Optus, as far as I know I know no resident in Springfield that has access to that cable via Optus.

I live in Springfield Lakes these days and as such have no access this cable. Oh yes I was a resident when the area was cabled and the mess created in the older area and the promises of what it was going to bring.

I am on the northside of the first lake. I built here 8-1/2 years ago, so Orion was not even a dream back then let alone the shops we have at the lake now.

We are all very sceptical of the estate managers planning for something that hasn't been done here before.
If true typical really.
We (Who have built here) have been ripped once to the tune of $300, not much many would say. But I ain't gunna give $300 to anyone for nothing, sorry we did get something some conduit.
Angry you bet. But hey look at the otehr estates managed by them, no doubt you will see the same.
Mawson Lakes in Adelaide is another disaster.

1996 we built in the older part of Springfield and yes your right we were going to get this and get that............We got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment