Monday, August 22, 2011

Question

"How can I be safe on the internet"?

Answer.

I could write volumes about how the Internet is NOT safe. but I will just hit some of the highlights.

The first thing is to accept that the internet is neither a safe nor secure environment. Continue from this premise.

When on the internet, do not post anything of a personal of confidential nature, this includes your bank or credit card details.

(If you do not publish your credit card details on the internet then they cannot be stolen from the internet. )

A rule of thumb is NEVER publish your real life details and never send your bank account details to anyone.
Some scammers even ask for power of attorney over you. NEVER EVER DO THIS.

Keep your anti virus up to date, there are many good free ones available from download on the Internet, download and install them. Do not think you are immune to malware (Malware, short for malicious software) as you are not.

Some good free ones are as follows and can be searched for by using Google.

Malwarebytes.

ThreatFire.

Avira.

AVG.

Avast.

Sophos.


I have read that the average time that an unprotected computer lasts before being infected is approx twelve seconds.

I have no idea if this is true, but it does show that we need to be aware and keep our anti virus programs up to date. So if it's not true, which it's clearly not, you have twelce seconds before your computer will be hacked or otherwise infected. I'm a fucking genius.

A final note relates to your passwords. CHANGE them regularly! Do not use your date of birth or "qwerty" or "123456" or "419eater" as many hackers do know about these. When I talk about secure passwords, I know from that of which I speak. I have been hacked so many times that chickens laugh at me.


Question.

Is Mike Rotchburns really as stupid as he seems?

Answer.

More stupid. He comes across as an idiot online, but in real life he is entirely worse. I can't even describe it. I've been punched in the nuts and found it more pleasant than talking to this inbred jagoff.


Question.
What if I feel someone has libeled me online? What can I do?

Answer.

Bitch and complain about it as much as possible. Sure it will make you look like a girl whose lollipop has been stolen, but people will respect you more for standing up for yourself. Don't ever let anything slide. Keep drawring attention to it as long as there is breath in your lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment