Thursday, July 14, 2011

I think the Phillipines answered by query.

+1

Reported the problems on Saturday, the support staff suggested 2 business days to recitfy with an update to my modem. last night, still the same problems with non connection to BP channels. Hopefully tonight.

How to tell if I have been updated as per my request to support, I still can't watch anthing via the TBOX except free to air channels?

Thanks guys now seem to have 8.6.F.0 and reset the modem and Tbox, it all seems good now.

Thanks

>8.6.F.0 is old firmware.
>You want 8.6.P.1.AV / 8.6.P.1.AW
>or 8.6.P.3.AZ / 8.6.P.3.BA
>depending on current modem.

After a week requesting that my modem be updated to the latest firmware, I am still waiting. The Bigpond channels are impossible to watch.

After a week requesting that my modem be updated to the latest firmware, I am still waiting. The Bigpond channels are impossible to watch.

I Requested another firmware update on Wednesday afternoon, still waiting.

Over the weeks and months I have requested Modem Fvireware updates (which hasn't happened) anyway Monday decdied to again call tech support who insisted the update would occur between 1am and 5am this morning. Well still waiting again called tech support I think the Phillipines answered by query.

In short they said that the fireware 8.6.F.0 is suitable to run an my DSL profile and that later firmewre upgrades were for DSL2 profiles and that I could do it myself from the help area within Bigpond Tech support.

For weeks now I have been unable to watch any of the bigpond channels and as suggested in earlier posts ask for the update.

Even our friendly Bigpond poster suggested that fireware upgrades will occur over a patricular time period.

In short is the fireware update for the bigpond Thompson modem only for the DSL2 profile?

Thanks

Chris thanks for the reply, yes the modem is left on.

Tonight I have to call 1300 136841 and supply some information about the modem to TBOX support.

To cut a long story short, my firmware was going to upgraded at 3 diferent times yesterday and it still ahn't occured despite Technical suppott escalation.

What is worse is that when the Phillipines support answers they still insist the the firmware can be apgraded online telling me that they know there job etc etc etc. Stupid fucking flips.

Tthis morning i have benn transfered right across Australia to various depts within telstra and bigpond that have nothing to do with technical support and i have now found myself back in th Phillipines.............. oh dear I can upgrade myself online.... those golliwogs don't know there asses from there elbows.

Bump

Springfield Lakes needs ports
Forum Regular

No comments:

Post a Comment