Friday, June 17, 2011

The email, that they have setup is alanjamesyoda2@gmail.com my account is alanjamesyoda@gmail.com, I have had this email for many years.

Thank you for your reply. I have sent many emails to Abuse@gmail.com but I have not received any reply.
 Some one has set up an email account with a very similar name to mine and they are using this to post a fake face book account to harass me, as well as using my real life photo that was stolen from my pc by a hacker.  The email, that they have setup is alanjamesyoda2@gmail.com  my account is alanjamesyoda@gmail.com, I have had this email for many years.
 You can see that they have set up the same email name but put the number 2 in theirs in an attempt to pass themselves off as me.  To set up an account to harass some one is a clear breach of the Gmail TOS.

 I reported it on  facebook by using the report section
and I have sent many reports to abuse@gmail but cannot seem to get any response from anyone.

Thank you, however I have reported abuse before and always get at least an automated reply.
If there is a question about a reported account or they need further information to validate anything, how do they ask you for further information if they never respond?.

@bkc56. Thank you for your answers. I will have to keep on with Gmail until I get this sorted out.

 It does not reflect well on gmail to ignore genuine complaints from their customers. Your answers have been appreciated. Thank you.

@javieroja. Thank you for your reply. In some ways you are correct,  but this is someone who is doing this deliberately to harass me, In breach of the gmail TOS,  by using the setup email account to set up a fake blog using what they think is my real name and posting copies on many of my posts from other sites out of context. They are also posting a picture of me that was stolen from my pc by a hacker.

This is stalking and harrassing.
So you can see that the use of a email name almost the same as mine is a deliberate attempt to impersonate me.
Again this is a clear breach of the TOS. Gmail publishes statements that they are concerned about their customers privacy and security,  but will not do anything when a genuine complaint is received.

Thank you all for your answers. It is noteworthy to see that no one (as far as I am aware) has answered from Gmail customer support!

I phoned their Sydney office to talk to a customer support person, but was told that Google do not offer live support. 

This raises some questions, as on some of the websites that I admin and moderate were talking about using Google adsense.

 How would we approach this with any degree of confidence that Google would help us if we hit a major problem, when they do not have customer support staff available?
Maybe it is not such a good idea to use this service of Google.

When Google do not reply to a customer,  then what is the point of signing up for any of their other services?

I talked to one of our senior members who is a Google Postini customer and he was quite upset to hear about the lack of customer support. He was going to talk to other business contacts of his to see if they are having problems with Google customer support as well, as it does seem to be widespread.

Now people can clearly see what the idiots are trying to do, this idiot says he has had this email for a long time, yet a Google search shows this place as the sole appearance of this email. It is obvious that this is the same person who is using Gmail accounts in clear breach of their TOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment