Monday, June 13, 2011

Banned from JUOT !!

http://www.juot.net/forums/forum.php
Another small website with an administrator that deceives and misleads his members.

As a member I asked him for information, as I was under the understanding that a DMCA report needs to go to the sites agent if they have one.
I politely asked him if he had such an agent. his reaction was quite amazing for an admin, he falsely accused me of threatening him when no threat was made neither were any demands made, just a REQUEST as to whether he has such an agent. For this REQUEST he told me I was banned.

Now he lies to the members and posts this.
Quote:
Default Big Al is being banned from JUOT
At 9PM EST time he account will be permanently banned. He feels he has
a DMCA complaint against JUOT. I have given him the instructions on
how to file it and have chosen to end his membership as he has been
abusing our "Report Post" feature reporting posts that did not break
JUOT rules.

If you have business with Big Al please take it to another forum.

Thank You.


So suddenly the excuse for my banning goes from the reason being a supposed "threat" to me abusing the report system even though the rules ASK for bad links to be reported.

Why do these small site admins feel the need to lie to their members so much? what are they so afraid of-The truth? is it this that scares them so much?

One can only wonder at the mentality of an admin who considers a polite simple REQUEST as a threat.

Come clean JOE tell the truth for once. if as you say it was a threat then please explain how a request can be construed as a threat. Explain what supposed DEMANDS accompanied the so called threat.
Having trouble posting this are you Joe because it is NOT true, but a lie by you to justify a bad call in banning me for NO LOGICAL reason.

Her is a copy of my REQUEST to Joe please explain where it threatens you.

Quote:
I have been asked to check with you if you have registered an agent
for the Notification of Claims of Infringement. I have checked with
copyright.gov/onlinesp/list and cannot find any listed, as this may
not be up to date I am asking you if you have such an agent.

I am reluctant to go down this path and hope that as you have been
reasonable and fair in the past this will continue.
I sincerely hope that we can work together in a friendly and respectful manner

However I will take whatever steps I deem necessary to protect my
self and my wife and relatives, regardless of the cost in time,
money or effort.

This is NOT a threat nor a demand, but a request for your assistance
in doing the correct thing by your members.

We are both mature adults and we should be able to resolve this matter as such.
Thank you. AL.




Some of Joes reply-

Quote:
We will not remove a LINK to twitter, a link is not something you can
claim ownership of. I suggest you contact an attorney as to what is
and is not your intellectual property.

Further because of this threat I have decided to end your membership
with JUOT effective 9PM EST today. You are hear by warned any attempts
to get around this ban will be considered harassment and may be
reported to your ISP.

If you have any further need for communication you can use the
"Contact Us" form.


Quote:
Further because of this threat I have decided to end your membership
Joe i thought you posted that it was because of my reporting posts. So why are you lying Joe?


Quote:
You are hear by warned any attempts
to get around this ban will be considered harassment and may be
reported to your ISP
THIS IS THREAT BY JOE THE ADMINISTRATOR OF JUOT COMPLETE WITH A DEMAND. JOE, THIS IS A THREAT NOT A REQUEST FROM A MEMBER. Joe why are you threatening me?

No comments:

Post a Comment